There's a blog post up here about how magic will work in Pathfinder 2.0. Without going in to it much, it's really interesting to see that Pathfinder is going to distinguish itself in some pretty interesting ways from prior and current iterations of D&D with a few specific process and organizational changes.
The more I read about Pathfinder 2.0 the more I am convinced it will be both an interesting new system in its own right, even if it is spawning out of D&D 3.75, and possibly worth investigating for those who may be keen on experiencing the engaging process of immersing in an entirely new mechanical implementation on D&D.....I'm getting the feeling that this will be a system with lots of interesting synergies and emergent mechanical experiences that will scratch that itch that some of us (myself included) often feel when playing RPGs.....not merely the fun of an actual game, but the fun of mastering said game as well. This is an odd take for me, as I always grew annoyed with the imperfect and sometimes bizarre learning curve of D&D 3.5 as well as its predilection for system mastery reward, but I'm sort of hoping that the lesson Pathfinder 2.0 takes away from 5th edition is that you can build a system that rewards with synergies and emergent experiences while not forcing the system mastery concept down everyone's throats in the long run.
The more I read about Pathfinder 2.0 the more I am convinced it will be both an interesting new system in its own right, even if it is spawning out of D&D 3.75, and possibly worth investigating for those who may be keen on experiencing the engaging process of immersing in an entirely new mechanical implementation on D&D.....I'm getting the feeling that this will be a system with lots of interesting synergies and emergent mechanical experiences that will scratch that itch that some of us (myself included) often feel when playing RPGs.....not merely the fun of an actual game, but the fun of mastering said game as well. This is an odd take for me, as I always grew annoyed with the imperfect and sometimes bizarre learning curve of D&D 3.5 as well as its predilection for system mastery reward, but I'm sort of hoping that the lesson Pathfinder 2.0 takes away from 5th edition is that you can build a system that rewards with synergies and emergent experiences while not forcing the system mastery concept down everyone's throats in the long run.
Pathfinder 2.0 Magic
Reviewed by admins
on
April 17, 2018
Rating:
No comments: